Monday, January 28, 2008

48 weeks done!


WOW! It's over. 48 weeks of HCV treatment. Did last interferon shot 10 days ago and took last of the 1680 ribavirin pills last Thursday. Sometimes i doubted i'd make it through treatment. What a rough trip. Now i am in the SVRL = sustained viral response lottery. Will i be one of the 50% who killed the virus? i'll know for sure in 6 months to a year. The time frame that it rears it's ugly head if treatment failed.
Today is Monday and i feel different already. You know how everyone hates Mondays. They are blah and most feel should be abolished as a work day. i will never feel that way again and be happy for that normal blah Monday. This is the first Monday in 11 months that i'm not trudging in to work sick, feeling nauseous, weak as a new born kitten with my head pounding.
Fridays were shot days. That left me hyper on Saturday. Manic really. i felt great most Saturdays and wanted to pack in a months worth of things to do. Up early and rearing to go and i did. Sunday i paid the price with extreme exhaustion, throwing up and feeling half dead for over doing it on Ssturday. Most Mondays it carried over from Sunday where i half recovered from feeling so sick and wiped out from the Sunday ordeal. You'd think i'd learn and slow down on Saturday? i couldn't. These powerful drugs dictated my life and my moods. i went with the flow each week even though i knew the pattern and could do nothing but go with the flow.
i oftain thought i should have changed my shot day to Thursday. Have a great Friday and then have Sat/ Sun to recover and be better for work on Mondays. But no, i decided having a great day Saturday, my one decent weekend day, was a better plan and stuck to my schedule of Friday for shots. Plus B gave me my shots on Friday and i would have had to do myself if i had switched to Thurdays for shots. i can do, but hated giving them to myself which i had to maybe 3 times.
Many Mondays on treatment, on the way into work, i'd do a once over of myself on way to time clock to make sure i hadn't forgotten to dress or forgot my shoes. Monday were that bad. I didn't have to check today lol. I feel great! Little ache in my ankles . knees and hip bones, but nothing like the last 48 Mondays :)
Thank you to my papa B, who without, i would never have made it through treatment. That's no lie. i'd have ditched this crappy treatment on week 8. He was my rock through treatment. my icing. Thank You so much. He got me focused on my long term health and goals, when days got so rough, and continues to do so

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Congragulatios on finishing. Good to hear you're feeling a little better. This is a slow process, give yourself some time. On to SVR!

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Congratulations on coming to the end of your treatment Mica!

All the very best,

Jaex

Not Blank said...

Congrats on your SVR!